Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Midnight City with New Friends


I met two wonderful new friends last night at Midnight City. It happened this way: while flying around the sushi bar, I smacked straight into Nullradius' small but fascinating avatar. He was very forgiving about it and we struck up a conversation. Chaos had been dining at the bar and presently joined us. 

Null is a builder and a scripter and has built many an impressive avatar, which he was kind enough to display. I showed off my Robosapien, a freebie I found somewhere and my new favorite, Peter Stindberg's Plywood Man.

Null then set up an outdoor table and we had wine, pizza, popcorn, cookies and ice cream. It all went straight to my hips but fortunately, I was able to work it off. Astoundingly, we were still able to manage a pogo around the city after this.

After wearing ourselves out sufficiently, we retired to the rooftop of the rooftop lounge. Null lit up the sky for us with another psychedelic avatar (pictured above. Yes, the glowing ball in the sky) of his while Chaos and I had a snowball fight and then went Dalek hunting with popguns and slapping.

It's not everyday one meets such lovely people and has a night of wining, dining and sport but when it happens, it makes keeping a clean inventory and all the novelty freebie collecting worthwhile.