Sunday, May 25, 2008

SL Concert and NPIRL

Hoo, what a day. I had my first SL concert today. My friend Cat invited me to see Kyle Beltran with friends, Marion, Therese, Suzanne and herself. I had been looking forward to meeting these ladies but had thus far never had the opportunity until now.


The show was lovely. Kyle is very funny and the experience of watching a performer in SL is much different than in RL in that, he is much more on the level of the  audience, as opposed to elevated and isolated. The strange part to me is that  the audience feedback part is very quiet. i did not hear a lot  of clapping and hooting between songs but that is just the mechanism of SL, I suppose.


Earlier in the day, I had been revisiting the NMC Arts Sim with my friend Peter. We decided to drive off the edge of the welcome area platform and land in the desert below. Unfortunately, I also had my second car accident in two days in the same place.


I won't be driving this desert again anytime soon, although it can be productive in meeting new people providing they are as forgiving as the two in either of these cases. 


As it happened, today my victim was Jasono Novi who is a brilliant photographer who had snapped me at Dreamland North a few weeks ago. He was in the middle of a photoshoot but appreciated the randomness of being blindsided by a Porsche convertible speeding out of nowhere.


This SIM is amazing in so many ways. I was there last night with my friends Chaos and Null and enjoyed it immensely. I have the Not Possible in Real Life blog to thank for this discovery. It seems everywhere I go nowadays, I'm meeting people from this new community.

1 comment:

Caterin Semyorka said...

So glad you enjoyed Kyle's gig, love the photo. Go get a Flickr account now!!

Cat x